No, it's not 1+1=2, nor is it "What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?" (24 mph btw... LBD!)
The answer is "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
That's right. From kindergarden to grade twelve,
As you grow older, it's expected that your answer to this question will become more refined. I remember when I was fourteen being handed a bunch of papers and being told I had one week to figure my life out. One week! Okay, so maybe not my entire life (it was after all, just deciding what classes I wanted to take next year), but it felt like a HUGE deal at the time. I was only fourteen! What does a fourteen year-old know about the future?
Four years later and I still don't have my life figured out. Who would have thought? I've certainly tried many things, and failed at many things. I may not know what I want to do, but I certainly know what I don't want to do.
Actually, I have a pretty good idea of the jobs I'd like to have. Top of the list, for instance, would be if someone paid me to read books. I also would not mind being a professional blogger, or a taste-tester for a bakery. You know, jobs that don't require me to wake up before 9:30.
Here's another stupid question I got asked a lot: "Where do you picture yourself in 10 years?" ... um, anywhere but here. That would have been my answer throughout high school, but I don't think that's exactly what they were looking for.
Now, I think I have a pretty good idea of what I where I want to be, and while "anywhere but here" is still included, my answer is a bit more refined. Here is what I hope my life will look like in the future.
1. I am
2. I have a house/apartment/condo. I honestly only care that it's nice and that it's mine. I so badly want a place of my own. With a kitchen.
3. The house/apartment/condo is located somewhere where the words "snow" and "winter" aren't part of the vocabulary. (I will however, visit my parents for Christmas. Because it just isn't Christmas without snow.)
4. I want to cook and bake and photographically document everything I eat (healthy of course) and possibly blog about everyone of those things! Which is why the above kitchen is necessary. (I told you guys about my food-blog obsession, right? Well did you know I follow around 40 food-blogs?)
5. I am married. Please dear God, let there be someone out their who can put up with all my nonsense and ramblings and all over weirdness!
6. Me and my imaginary dream guy eloped, by the way. I can't deal with weddings... or more specifically weddings + my mother. After our top-secret elopement in some far away, tropical land, we will come back and do the whole reception thing just so no one in our families hates me... and so I can wear a nice dress.
7. How far in the future are we talking here? Because at some point I want to have a kid (just one) but I'm not sure how soon. Haven't quite worked out all details... except for the name! Maybe I'll even adopt.
There are still plenty of loose ends. Obviously!
And I kind of have to suffer through school first. I hear getting a degree is kind of important.