Sunday 14 April 2013

The Harry Potter Room and It's Illustrious Magical Powers

Hello all! Just thought I'd give you all a quick update (at midnight nonetheless) on the current state of my sanity!

Honestly though? It's hanging on. By a thread. But by some force of sheer will power I did not know I had, I'm getting through it.

Sometimes I wonder though...

Like, why is that I could barely keep my eyes open long enough to integrate a differential equation this afternoon, but now that it's midnight, I'm bouncing off the walls like "Sleep? Who needs sleep? Ooh, I want hot chocolate! Let's watch the Lizzie Bennet Diaries again, cause it's not like I've seen them a hundred times already!"

... and I don't even like hot chocolate.

But here I am, sipping luke warm, watery hot chocolate, informing you once again, just how weird I am. As if you needed any further proof!

I will now let you know the secret to my miraculous strength. You're going to like this.

The library.

I know! Who would have thought?!

Okay, but it's not just any library. They call it the "Harry Potter Room". Unofficially, of course. But it is great. I know this because I've practically been living in it the past week.

The minute you step through the heavy oak doors, you can tell this room dates back to the birth of my precious school. Tall, stuffed bookshelves line the perimeter, surrounding the rows of antique, wooden desks. The desks are sectioned into individual cubbies and equipped with their own lamps. Candelabras hang on the walls, and although they have long since been replaced by lightbulbs and plastic candles, the effect is still appreciated. Magnificent stained glass windows reach up to the high ceilings, letting in just enough natural light to cast a dim atmosphere.

It was strange but the environment is just so different from anywhere else. You really feel like you have stepped into a different time. And goodness, I can actually work in there! I get so much accomplished and the time flies. It's like there is actually a spell cast on this room. One that can turn even the biggest procrastinator into an over achiever!

I'm kicking myself for not having discovered this room sooner! I mean, everyone on campus talks about it, but I never had the guts to actually test out it's magical properties myself.

Don't get me wrong, I love normal libraries (my own mother is a librarian - no late fees for me!) but school libraries can be intimidating. Out of the four libraries my school has, I'd only been in two and it was very difficult not to run away screaming. I just couldn't get any work done in them. They were too modern and the lighting was too bright.

So thank goodness for the Harry Potter Room. If you're looking for me, that's where I'll be. (Please bring coffee!)

- Dare!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like magic...thanks for following!
    HG :p

    ReplyDelete