Wednesday 20 February 2013

Six reasons why She's the Man is the best movie to cheer you up:

So today was a really, really crappy day for me. First of all, I got a hair cut and since I had such bad dead ends I had to get like 3 and a half inches off! Lesson learned, one haircut per year is not okay. Then I had to study chemistry because I have midterms in a week and it made me realize how much I hate chemistry. Thus began another "what-the-hell-am-I-doing-with-my-life" pity party. To top it all off I got in a huge fight with my mom. Typical.

Clearly, I needed something to cheer me up and chocolate ice cream just wasn't going to cut it (though it never hurts). Suddenly, an idea struck me. What better than to watch She's the Man?! Here are five reasons why she's the man is the best cheer-me-up movie for when you'r feeling crappy:

1. Amanda Bynes is hilarious. She absolutely made this movie what it is. In fact, all the characters are funny and will no doubt have you laughing out loud (even if your watching alone in the dark confines of your bedroom) and in seconds you'll forget all about whatever made you feel so bad in the first place.

2. Channing Tatum. Need I say more.

3. It's based off of Shakespeare's Twelfth Night so don't beat your self up about procrastinating or being anti-productive, it's practically literature!

4. It's timeless and you will never grow tired of it. Ever. Having watched it a million times, I can attest to that.

5. The main character is kick-ass and proves that girls are just as good as guys. If you are a Mulan-enthusiast like me, this movie is guaranteed to leave you feeling like you can accomplish anything!

6. What other movie can you watch where both Amanda Bynes and Channing Tatum have tampons shoved up their nose? If this alone is not a reason to love this movie, I don't know what is.

There you have it, watching She's the Man is scientifically proven to cheer you up, even from your lowest of low. If for some reason you are deprived and have never seen this movie (first of all, I feel deeply, deeply sorry for you) GET ON IT! Seriously, go watch it! BEST MOVIE EVER. You can check out the trailer here!

Love you all!
-Dare

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen it! It does sound like a great cheer up movie though. :) :) :) Thanks dor the suggestion! xD
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, those are brilliant reasons! I love that movie too, you're right; it never gets old!
    Marian ^_^ x

    ReplyDelete