Tuesday 18 June 2013

36 Confessions

1. You may be expecting me to explain my long absence by saying I've been "super busy", but the truth is, I haven't been.

2. Over the past few weeks, I've actually written many blog posts... and then deemed them unworthy to share with you and deleted them.

3. Okay, I guess you could say I have writers block.

4. I hate my job.

5. I love money.

6. This causes a minor conundrum.

7. I have recently discovered (okay, recently admitted) that I have a problem with getting close to people. I let them in enough to think that they know me, but before they can divulge in the secrets of soul, BOOM! Walls go up, and I push them away.

8. This will ultimately lead to me living alone, an old maid with 27 cats to keep me company.

9. This fact makes me more upset than I will let on.

10. I used to dream in fairytale endings.

11. I guess I already have the damsel in distress part down.

12. Where's a knight in shining armour when you need one?

13. And while I've always been a feminist and believed that a woman shouldn't depend on a man to rescue her (I even wrote a poem on it a couple years ago), the truth is I really want someone to save me.

14. And I'm going to need a lot of it. Saving, I mean.

15. Maybe I'll share that poem with you someday.

16. I have an issue with food.

17. I like to be in complete control of what I consume, planning everything out days in advance.

18. But I spiral into a depressive state if I loose will power and eat something unhealthy or just eat too much.

19. This is an issue because I do not have the greatest will power. And because ice cream is my favourite food in the whole world.

20. My mom thinks I'm on the verge of an eating disorder.

21. This is not true.

22. I think.

23. You know how when you are feeling sad about your appearance you are supposed to pick out the things you like about yourself to make you feel better? I can't find anything I like.

24. This depresses me.

25. Books are my best friends.

26. This also depresses me.

27. I have an issue with this guy at work and I don't know what to do about it.

28. I love coffee.

29. I cried during a Glee episode and I'm not embarrassed to admit it.

30. I got Vine and then realized I don't have a life and therefore do not do anything that I can post a video about.

31. On the topic of smart phone apps, Snap Chat is really stupid.

32. Reorganizing my bookshelf has been the highlight of my week.

33. I got in a fight with my dad last night.

34. I feel pretty bad about it.

35. I told myself I was going to go to the gym tonight, but I probably wont.

36. This list has turned out way more depressing than I intended...


1 comment:

  1. Heey! There is nothing wrong with 27 cats........!
    :D

    ugh, I hate growing old. Life is so mush easier as a child when fairytales existed, money wasn't a worry and the biggest problem was whether Santa would bring me a big doll this year.

    It's nice to know I'm not the only one with a (very) depressing list of "confessions"

    Marian ^_^ x

    (I feel like singing cheer up Charlie now...)

    ReplyDelete